Monday, October 3, 2011

Talk Of Phobias

#lateblog …my bad!

On Saturday, see me jumping up and down like Rumpelstiltskin… why? It was raining hard! You know what that meant, don’t ya? …hard time for party-goers, wedding-goers to be exact! Hehehehe… I really don’t think I can ever find the pleasure in dressing up and heading for a party, especially a wedding… yeah yeah, I know #weirdmuch

Anyways, there I was cuddled up on the couch, that sly smile still on my face, a blanket over my slim body and Agnes on my lap when two friends walk in. Gists flying all over my living room, from the Abia rape to the genital disappearance issue in Niger State, to other social happenings and school stuff! I was enjoying the discussions so much, in my head I was comparing myself to the folks stuck at a wedding in the rain, or those stuck in traffic in the rain… mehn! I was so better off! That reminds me of one of the few weddings I attended… this one I was kinda forced to go cos I had to go represent my Dad… that dude hates going to parties (now you know where I got it from!)… so, at the wedding reception, it began to rain elephants! The floors were getting muddy, dresses were getting soiled, I was looking around noticing the look of frustration on the people’s faces – that was when I noticed a small group of people on one side of the field praying so hard as the rain beat them so hard too. I asked what they were praying about that warranted their punishing themselves like that, and the woman sitting beside me informed me that they’re from the bride’s church, prayer warriors praying for the rain to stop so that the rain would not further ruin the wedding ceremony! Mehn! I didn’t know when I bursted out laughing! Hello? I don’t know o but that just didn’t sound so right to me… *shaking my head* God must be laughing up there too sef, some ridiculous things we ask Him for!

So my friends left and another came by just minutes later. More relaxing and weird gist… somehow, I found us talking phobias; and I couldn’t help but laugh at some of our phobias. I have phobia for snakes (Ophidiophobia), fear of heights (Acrophobia), fear of water (Hydrophobia) and fear of Third Mainland Bridge (thirdmainlandbridgeophobia… hehe!). My friend? He also has thirdmainlandbridgeophobia, and (this one really cracked me up) *pause for effect* fear of bending old women! LMFAO! Hahahaha! I know plenty of us are wary of them, but not to the point of having a phobia! ‘Na wa for my friend’, you say? Na real wa! True to his word, yesterday we came across an old woman and this guy just froze up! I was still trying to figure out what the problem was when I remembered his weird phobia, you can guess that I bursted out laughing again!

But seriously, I'm kinda scared of old women too o, after I saw 'Drag Me To Hell'... remember her?:



*sign of the cross*

No comments:

Post a Comment