Tuesday, October 4, 2011

1 Public Holiday, Zero Working ATM!

I'm seriously contemplating going for the next Gulder Ultimate Search; the one thing that I'll need to learn tho, is Swimming (which I don't see happening!). But all the other activities needed for survival? I already have skills in them, especially walking! The quest I got myself on yesterday was a revelation! This babe can waka! Which babe? Emi noni, emi ni! *grins*

So yesterday, in the evening to be precise, I suddenly remember that I need money if I intend to get anything done today and my wallet is almost totally empty... (who forgets that they're broke?! smh for myself). I went and dragged my friend, Operation Find A Working ATM! 'Working' being the emphatic word. We start from my estate... how many working ATMs? errr... none! Then we head on to the next estate... how many working ATMs?! None! No ATM at all! How ATM no go dey the whole of Gowon Estate... I just taya! (Correct me if I'm wrong o, but I didn't find none!)

You know yesterday was public holiday na... that was what made our 'waka' a very long and strenuous one. But na wa for 9ja sef... whenever there's a public holiday, if your store is not filled with food, you gonna starve! And if there's no money in your pocket, you're totally done for! I can testify!!! I was just wondering, why couldn't the banks put enough money in the ATMs to last a whole lot of people for the whole day?! I suffered yesterday o, right now my feet does not even belong to me! And I just feel bad for taking my friend on such a tiring and fruitless waka-about!

At one point, we couldn't walk anymore so we went and chilled at this Shawarma place... not a bad idea re-fueling! So this girl walks in... this really fat girl, as in, this girl is big! I don't have a problem with fat girls, all of us get our problems... some of us are too thin, some are too short, tall, dark, desperate... i only have a problem with fat girls that have a problem with slim girls... no be my fault say u no be like me na! Anyways she walks in and wants me to move my chair so she can pass, "Young lady... please move your chair" with this look of envy on her face! I look the girl, in my mind I was like "I go old pass this babe..." So because say I no get big stature like her (thank God!), she con address me as "young lady" with that look on her face... I didn't know whether to vex or just feel sorry for her... My friend caught the brief look of annoyance on my face and what he said still makes me laugh "Hey, don't be mad, there's a million names you can call her; there's only a few she can call you!" Hahahahaha... you do get the joke, right? And then I said something that my friend considered funny but harsh... I said I was gonna go tell the waiters to serve her nothing but "Diet Shawarma!" Yeah, I know, I'm just plain evil!

We left the place laughing like two crazy people... to continue the quest of finding a working ATm, our own ATM Ultimate Search; alas! I didn't find one! And so here I am, on my favourite couch... financially paralyzed... thank God today isn't a public holiday, I'll definitely find a working (and hopefully money-filled) ATM... but on the real, the necessary organisations/authorities should do something about getting ATMs to work on public holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment