Thursday, October 20, 2011

SONG OF MY LOVE-LIFE

Most of you already know how much I loathe Fuji Music, never have been a fan, never will be… I got none against those who are fans tho. Back here in school, if you get on a bus or a cab, it’s always one Fuji song or the other playing on the car stereo… it pisses me off and makes me pray the driver would speed up and get to my destination fast. You can imagine how happy I was on this particular day, when we got on a cab, me and my girl, Nikky… trying to get to the comfort of our rooms after a very long day. Inside the cab, the driver had Terry G spilling his regular nonsense through the speakers. I love that dude’s songs sometimes; weird? Well, so did the driver cos he bobbed his head all the way as Mr. Free Me did his thing (and so did I). Then the song ended, and 2Face’s African Queen came on, the driver’s countenance and mood immediately changed and he fumbled with the player, trying to get the next track to play. At that point, I knew something was wrong, either this dude wasn’t so big on 2Face or he wasn’t big at that moment on whoever was/is the queen of his heart… next track came on alright, and it was PSquare’s I love you; now I was certain something was terribly wrong as this driver kept soliloquising saying “I don’t love you, you’re not my African queen”… mumbling and muttering stuff to himself… he succeeded in changing the track again, to my own detriment this time tho, to a Fuji song… *sighs* Now he was happy, screaming at the top of his voice, singing along with whoever the Fuij artiste was.

I’m not going to pick on Fuji music today, that’s not the aim of this blog… the aim of this blog (if you’re attentive, you’d have gotten it) is about relationships… yeah, your relationship… with whoever you’re dating or married to. I’m not a psychologist/relationship analyst (yet, but I try *grins*) but I could read stuff from that cabbie’s actions, gestures and emotions that day… that dude was hurt, real bad! Maybe some native pretended to be in love with him and took all his cab money… haha! Ok, not funny… anyways, that occurrence got me reflecting on things and a question popped up “What’s your love-life like? What’s your marriage like?” how many of us hear a song on the radio and want to quickly change the station cos that song brings really bad memories… how many of us wanna turn that volume up cos that song just delights your heart and soul with the thoughts of that beloved? Does that song make you cuss, or does it make you grin real wide in pleasure or amusement?

Take a few seconds, put yourself on the hot seat and answer those questions... is she/he the love of your life or the terror of your life; does he/she make you wanna run home to meet him/her, or are they like that kid in ‘Case 39’ with that frightful “Why, Emily? Why, Emily? Why, Emily?” on her lips? Does the situation of your romance make you wanna chill and listen to that RnB playing on the radio, or does it make you wanna grab the radio in search of anything else, even a Fuji song when you’re not a fan? Does your heart quicken in fear when you remember your partner, or does it quicken in delectation?
Answer those questions… maybe you’ll end up doing some good for yourself today! As for me… I got that Bryan Adam’s ‘Please Forgive Me’ playing in my head since last night, and my heart races when I picture that face! Did someone just ask “in fear or delight”? Why, delight of course! *wink* xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment