Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Before Graduation Bucket List

I know lots of us have our various bucket lists of what we want to do before we graduate... partying harder; getting recognized to be the best dressed, best swagz, highest consumer of beer, etc; getting that boy's attention before y'all go your separate ways... etc. Yeah, I'm in total support of all that; let's get some carpe diem things in motion ;)

However, I have a list of some things that I consider essential to do before you graduate...

1. Learn to meditate
We all need a little zen in our lives

2. Write a letter of forgiveness
Life can go on forever, but then it might not... *shrugs* It'd be best to let go of all grudges before you leave school; be the grwon-up and write a letter of forgiveness...

3. Meet Your Department Head
Unless you’ve done it already, in which case you’re on a good path and I applaud you. For the rest of us, you'll be surprised at how handy your HOD can be to you even after you graduate; get to know the person who can help you out after school. It can only help you.

4. Edit Your Emails
As much fun as sExyChiCtoHbaD or cHiBoy007 was, no perspective employee will hire you. Go through your old addresses and get rid of the more, how shall I say, youthful ones.

5. Ask Out That Cutie
Listen, you’re never going to see them again next semester; heck there might be no next semester! If they say no, then you just fake a phone call and walk away.

6. Intern Immediately
If you haven’t already, now is the time. Start looking for internships straight away because there is no better education than actual experience. You can quote me on that.

7. Start Saving
I really don’t care if it’s a hundred naira a week, but starting a savings is good planning. You never know when you’re going to need that money to get out of a sticky situation…

8. Study Abroad
We all know how useful... (did I say very useful?) a foreign certificate can be. It's a very much welcome addition to whatever qualifications you've acquired...

And my list ends here! Now is the time for y'all to make me proud and start working on your bucket list... I have faith in you!

1 comment:

  1. WELL MY BUCKET IS MORE FUN ORIENTED

    1. FIRST AND FOREMOST I WANNA TRAVEL TO JAPAN I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT COUNTRY THEN THE HIMALAYAS,EUROPE THEN AFRICA.

    2.I WANNA GO SKYDIVING.

    3.BUNGEE JUMPING

    4.DRIVE AN F1 CAR.

    5.GO SKATE BOARDING

    6.HMMMMM THEN TRY SOME NAUGHTY,KINKY DESIRES HEY YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE

    ReplyDelete