Saturday, August 13, 2011

: why LOVE faiLz!

Ehen!!! The church side of me came out today and I feel like sharing some with you guys… buh before that, can I say something? Yeah? I love my Pastor!!!

So this particular Sunday evening, we had our once-in-a-month Couples and Singles’ Seminar… truss na! church full die! Matters of love, soccer, sex always bring people together… me I just sit down for one corner dey observe and meditate… the Pastor was gonna talk about the things that make love fail – WHY LOVE FAILS?! Hmmm… interesting! Me sef go like know o.

Na so my able Pastor climb pulpit. WHAT IS LOVE?, he asks. Love is fondness for someone; a deep affection for someone or something; to love is to take delight in a person; when you love someone, that person makes your heart sweet – that’s why we call them ‘Sweethearts’ (I bet y’all didn’t know that!) You don’t trample on, abuse or toy with something or someone you cherish, and the simplest form of love is likeness.

Which brings us to the koko of the marra! Why do relationships and marriages fail? Why does a thing as wonderful as love fail? What are those things that cause the breakdown or failure of a once love-filled relationship?!

1. Haste/Hurry: Love must suffer long. True love is patient. Being in a hurry ejects love out of one’s heart. So if you’re impatient cos he isn’t able to buy you that Chanel purse yet; or cos she wants to wait till M before spreading the legs… me I don’t know for you o!

2. Envy: Envy is the inability to be happy/rejoice at someone else’s upliftment/promotion. Most partners are in a competition. You’d be amazed at the number of husbands that are envious that their wives are doing better than them! Like my Pastor said, if your wife earns more dough? Follow am spend am! Na una two get am! Shuuoooo!

3. Pride: Pride of the heart (e.g. not being able to apologise) and pride of the eyes (e.g. looking at your partner as inferior, unimportant or with contempt); both punctures and kills love fast! Yes! You’ll hear some men/women saying “I picked you from the gutter… bla… bla… more blah!” And so? Ehn? Gini? That one is no longer news na… You blind when you pick am from the gutter ni? Abi who are you trying to remind? And not being able to say “I’m sorry”? That’s totally not nice. I mean what’s in common “sorry”? *sighs*

4. Rudeness: What we all ignore is that when you’re rude to your partner, he/she seeks comfort and respect from external sources e.g. secretaries that can say ‘Yes Sir’ from now till kingdom come! The worst case of rudeness is that lack of respect in front of family and friends. Haba!

5. Self-centeredness: “Me, Myself and I” does not exist in love. True love entails thinking of the other person more than yourself. (hmmm… I hope someone is reading this!)

6. Anger: --- kills love. Love is not easily provoked. Love does not beat up his beloved. Physical, verbal, emotional, mental abuse are not a part of love. Once all that starts happening… you can like to talk to your legs and waka! And if you get angry easily? Always remember that “anger lies in the bowel of a fool”. I’m sure plenty of us don’t like to be referred to as fools.

7. Evil thoughts: I particularly like this one! I learnt that what you think of your spouse who is far away will most likely happen to him; telepathy thingz!!! If you think your spouse is having sex wherever he/she is, that kinda atmosphere can be created around him/her! So don’t use your evil and nasty thoughts to ‘kobalize’ your spouse!

At the end, things that help love then are patience, kindness, rejoicing and celebrating with your #winning partner, humility, respect, selflessness/sacrifice, endurance/long-suffering and good thinking (remember that car advert? Good thinking, good product! – shey na Toyota sef? I don forget jor.)

… churchy alter ego signing out…

No comments:

Post a Comment