Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday, Sunday!

Happy Sunday... And to all the other folks residing in my estate, I say HOWWL!!! And for you that don't know what that means, I'll break it down.. Happy One Week Without Light!

I keep telling my friend that I wanna run outta Nigeria soon, not in search of greener pastures (well, partly cos of that) but mainly cos it jus' seems like things are getting harder here... I know, things are not a bed of roses over there either (wherever 'there' means to you); but the lack of power and almost a daily increase in prices of foods jus' makes living extremely hard here... do you agree?

Anyways, my friend keeps telling me to have faith... things will eventually get better. "When" is what swims in my head whenever he says that... but I don't ask him cos I'm usually too frustrated for an argument.

Talking about faith, the Pastor was talking some days ago about how we should activate our faith and put it into use to get things from God (or something like that sha). Anyways, she used Abraham as example, how he trusted God to the point where he was ready to sacrifice his only son, the same one it took him years before he finally had, the one him and Sarah bore in their old age... He had so much faith in God, trusted Him to know what's best for everyone; and was ready to butcher Isaac on the altar as sacrifice... At that point, I was thinking, if God put most of folks today to test like that, what would happen? I was imagining plenty responses in my head

GOD: My son, I need you to sacrifice your only child to me. That's what I want
YOU: Ehn! Lord, you mean that child you know it took me years before we got him?
GOD: Yes... the very one
YOU: Ha!

OR

GOD: My son, I need you to sacrifice your only child to me. That's what I want
YOU: Ehn! Lord, you mean that child that my wife went through hours of hard labour before she had him? The one that even after we had him, we spent loads of money on after-birth complications? The one we are glad that we have him cos my mother almost labelled my wife a witch for having miscarriages before him; they even almost sent me an illiterate from the village to be my baby-momma! Lord, is it that child - the one who has finally caused out home to be settled again - that you want?
GOD: Yes... the very one
YOU: Lord, Skype me when you're serious!

Hahaha... the weirdest things I think in church... Anyways, here's wishing y'all a wonderful week ahead. God's grace be upon y'all (like someone always tells me!)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment