Friday, May 25, 2012

LESS FUR, MORE SKIN

How's the weekend going, y'all? Enjoying the weather? I am...
Yesterday, I put up an update + a picture of a cat, a scary-looking cat to be specific... a very fur-less cat! Yup, you read right... a fur-less cat. What is a cat without its furs?! Well, you will soon find out... patience, patience. So, I was just doing some random 'googling' yesterday, and I came by this picture:


That's a Sphynx... One of the strange breeds of hairless cats. I didn't even know hairless cats existed *covers face in shame*... So, for others who didn't know too, I present to you 6 different breeds of hairless cats:

1. THE SPHYNX

Here's another picture of this strange-looking cat


Oh Jesus ... *sign of the cross* those eyes!!! Kinda reminds me of Cruella Deville.

2. THE DONSKOY

Sometimes confused for the Sphynx... I read that their genetic make-up differs; although this is also referred to as the Don Sphynx...


I mean, I see what's so 'Don' about this cat... look at the eyes and ears (especially of the one below), it almost speaks of its errr... 'Donnish Personality'


3. THE BAMBINO

Ladies, when next your man calls you 'Bambino'? Don't be deceived, he means you look like this:


Haha! I'm just kidding... But seriously, how could they even name a cat like this 'Bambino'. (Bambino by the way, means 'child' or 'baby' in Italian, French, Spanish etc.)

 Ugh!

4. THE PETERBALD

I have a couple of friends who go by the name 'Peter'; now please, please, please tell me how I'm not gonna have these images pop up in my head when I'm talking/reminded of them. I mean, someone goes like 'hey, Peter called last night...' and then pop pop! these come up:



(Apologies to all my 'Peter' friends out there, I mean no disrespect!)

5. THE ELF CAT

Cat breeders Kristen Leedom and Karen Nelson were the brilliant minds that came up with the Elf Cat - a hybrid consisting of the American Curl and the Sphynx.

Well, here it is... 

and:



6. THE UKRAINIAN LEVKOY

No offence, but this particular breed looks... French. To me. Something about them makes me wanna name 'em 'Jean-Pierre' and 'Pierre-Loius'


And this, 'Mama Inés'

And ... 'Papa Raphaël'


LOL!!!

Anyways, that's it for the 6 breeds of hairless cats... But seriously, if I want a cat? I don't know why on earth I'd wanna be 'pet-mother' to a fur-less cat... I'd rather get me something like this:

Now, this is what I call a cat; it's breed is called a 'Munchkin' (cos of its short legs) ... isn't it cute! Don't you just wanna hold and cuddle it, and hear it purr softly in your ears! Heck, I can go to bed with this cat!

That's it, I'm done with my cat-obsessing... enjoy your weekend, folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment