Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Submit at 10!

Recently a friend of mine was a lil under the weather, and I figured it was due to inadequate rest… So, I decided to seize his phone and laptop once it was 10pm (he’s a FB addict like I am, and I thought if there was no way he could get online, he’d sleep… hence adequate rest, if I could pull this off for a few days). Yeah, I can be a good friend like that once in a while. *grins*

Anyways, the whole thing reminded me of something that used to happen way back when I was still a teen; my Dad used to have me and my brother ‘submit’ our cell phones to him as soon as it was 10pm… Yep! once it was 10pm, and my Sendo and brother’s Samsung was not on his table in his at-home office, we were in serious trouble!

Ever since the night that boy called my phone at 10:30pm, and my Dad noticed my uneasiness while I was talking to him; you know that kinda conversation you have where you can only say ‘yes’, ‘okay’, ‘me too’, ‘no o’, tomorrow’, ‘5pm’, ‘after computer class’, ‘at the junction’… and you’re practically whispering cos your Dad is in the living room with you… mehn! my Dad snatched the phone and started screaming stuff at the guy… I was shaking like a leaf, in my mind I was crying “chineke o! I don enter am this night!”

Turns out my head is still sitting on my neck, I’m still breathing… my Dad almost killed me that night, but he didn’t; maybe it had something to do with the fact that I was his only girl… hehe! However, Rule ‘Submit at 10pm’ was announced that night, and started to apply the following night :(

So that’s the story… my friend is better now, thank you (even though I know you don’t care, wicked soul!), and I don’t submit my phone anymore at ten, feel free NOT to call me at midnight! Ciao y’all… x

No comments:

Post a Comment