Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Wedding

Saturday, the 12th of November

Y’all remember I said last Saturday that one of us was getting married this weekend? Right! You know these kinda weddings that you’re friends with both the bride and the groom and you’re just really happy for both of ‘em… it was that sorta wedding. The groom is a brother from another mother, and the bride? my course mate and friend.

The Preparation
Dressing up for a wedding can be tough, even when you’re not tying ‘gele’ or anything like that. I thought having the ‘bestfwendeth’ sleep over would make things easier, but nah! it even made things worse! That girl can fuss over the smallest things!

Anyways we ended up looking like this:


The dude in the middle would be my brother, and the beaut in jumpsuit would be the 'bestfwendeth'

The Court Wedding

That took place at the Ikeja Registry. I don’t wanna go into details but I’ll just say I’ve been discouraged! I don’t think I’m gonna have a court wedding, at least not in Ikeja Registry. The stress, the standing, the heat – I was melting. We’d been there since 10a.m. but it wasn’t our turn until 3 p.m. And then when we finally got into the courtroom, there were 5 other couples! They were marrying 6 couples at the same time! What?! No! I don’t want something like that! I want just me and my husband in that courtroom when it’s my turn. The woman that wedded them sef, she was just vexing up and down! Screaming at people, asking us to turn off our phones if we don’t wanna pay fines… she even made the couples kiss for a very long time. There was no power, no fans or ACs were working, it was hot! It was crazy! But at the end, they were married – thank God; and it was such a relief to be on our way back home.

We took pictures at the wedding too, tho I don’t have those of the bride and groom (they don’t want it published yet!), buh I have these:



Of course, you already know that the one in the black jacket is yours truly! Enjoy your week, sweethearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment