Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Sallah!

Who doesn’t love an extended weekend, especially if it’s by 2 days?! I sure do! Not like I work some’n major or resume somewhere every morning…or anything like that, but having access to your workaholic friends on a Monday and Tuesday can sometimes be bliss… too bad the bliss ends today! So Saturday till today (Tuesday) has been great!

SATURDAY

Laundry… house chores… pictures, pictures, pictures! Sleep… Friend visited… I’m always excited Saturday evenings cos church was just around the corner, guess what they say is true; you know, that saying where they say ‘where two or more are gathered…’, nah, not that one… the one that says ‘in the presence of God, there’s fullness of joy’! Yeah, that one. So I get down to ironing my Sunday attire (which most of you saw and loved!). Oh, and my mouth was watering already for the palatable delicacies my mouth was gonna enjoy the next day…

SUNDAY


I woke up as hungry as a… a… I sha woke up really hungry. Tea? Or noodles? Hard to decide which one to send down to my stomach before I headed for church, so I ended up having both! Got into my attire… and off we rode to church on a bike, bro and I.
Business Sunday… isn’t it just cool when you go to church sometimes and it’s not the usual sermon et al! I had gotten a text a day before that it was gonna be Business Sunday, but what I had in mind wasn’t what occurred. It was hella cool (I stole that statement… hella cool!). It was like a seminar, big screen, handouts et al. Really nice… and it’s just wonderful how you can always merge God and everything… they were teaching us on how to be entrepreneurs, and somehow they made us see none was possible without God… you better take note!

***

I love my cousins, the Duados. They know how to throw a good party… you see, my cousins are Christians, but they have a Moslem grandmother and Moslem aunts and uncles. So somehow, they get to celebrate all the religious holidays unlike some of us… #luck

After church and a few phone calls, bro and I found ourselves on the way to their crib. We got caught in the rain, but it was worth it… yeah, it was! Rice and fried beef roaming around in their living room, sending aromas through my nose down to my stomach… oh, I gotta get me some of that, I thought! And yup, I did… small portion of well-cooked, delicious Jollof Rice and 2 huge pieces of fried meat… and juice to go with it! I’m sure most of y’all saw my “stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey” FB status…

The Deejay-ing
Ok, this is the thing… whenever there’s a we-we party like this one, there are some of us that are known to take over the ‘wheels of steel’. Abbie is somewhere in Chicago freezing her ass out, Bee was probably at another show, so on this occasion, bro and I were the ones in charge. I started queuing songs from my laptop, all the songs I knew would get the gang swinging their hips, alanta-ing, break-dancing etcetera! Ears plugged, nodding to the song playing from my laptop, enjoying every bit of the moment… this guy walks up to me and says the elder ones want Fuji! What?! *sobbing* Long story short… within seconds, the speakers was booming “Eyin mama e sempe…” What the hell does that even mean?! Anyways, they had their way and we were all forced to listen to KWAM 1.

The Reunion
I was beginning to think the day wouldn’t be as interesting as I’d thought, when the other half of the crew walked in! Separation is a huge thing, but when y’all get together again? Endless excitement! Endless gists, endless gossip, hugs, kisses, teasing, a lotta foul/vulgar language (courtesy Biyi)… it was like old times again! I loved it. And the interesting part? One of us is getting married this weekend, and another the next weekend!

At the end of the day, I hooked a free ride back home… and trust me, it only gets better! More food when I got home! God bless the Moslem folks!

MONDAY & TUESDAY

The streets smelled of ram blood and remains! Eeew! Ugh! But who am I to complain! Thank God PSP came and cleaned it up later tho! Well, the holidays are over… almost over! I’m back to working on my project, Vernalsage is back at work (poor thing, didn’t even get today off! Lol).

That was my Sallah in a nutshell; how was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment