Tuesday, November 8, 2011

BUSINESS SUNDAY!

I told y’all in the blog before this one that last Sunday was Business Sunday in my church… now I love y’all so much that I’m going to painstakingly type on here the things I learnt. It’s a whole lot, I wrote down 3 pages of useful information about being an entrepreneur; so I’m just gonna post the parts I think are very essential…

First thing I wrote, “The quality of your decision depends on the quality of the information you receive.” Yup, I learnt we are limited by the bundle of information at our disposal.

Now most people think entrepreneurship is just about setting up business and being your own boss, it actually has different dimensions, it could mean:
- Introduction of a new product(s)
- Introduction of a new method of production
- Discovery of a new market
- Combining existing resources in a new and more productive way
- Delivering values to a community or group of communities

So, whatever you choose in all of the above, you can either be a Social Enterpreneur (e.g. Philanthropists) or an Economic Enterpreneur (strictly a profit-oriented businessman).

Sitting directly under the oscillating fan, I was penning away about the qualities an entrepreneur should possess: persistence, calculated risk-taker, goal-oriented behaviour, innovative, visionary, problem-solver, hard-worker, independence, strong desire to achieve and succeed, self-confidence etcetera.

Now the part that really caught my attention was the WHY SHOULD I WORK FOR MYSELF part! These are some of the reasons why you should be your own boss:

1. My employer will never make me rich
2. He is able to peg my progress
3. He gives me jobs all my life
4. He gives the illusion of job security
5. He pays me enough not to allow me quit
6. He makes me believe I cannot live without my salary
7. He keeps me obligated through the fear of losing my job
8. He takes away the most profitable and prime time of my life
9. He uses me as a leverage for his wealth

Aint bosses just bitches?! Oops… I didn’t just say that, did I? Oh well…

ENTERPRENEURSHIP, fact and fiction

FICTION: An entrepreneur must be born that way
FACT: Anyone can learn to operate or be an entrepreneur

Ok, so that’s it! Church was fun, church was inspiring! Time to put our thinking caps on… what kinda business can I engage in? I think I know mine already… won’t tell tho *wink*

Oh yeah, and then the man said “If you’re looking for an easy way to succeed, you’ll find an easy way to collapse!” Ponder!

No comments:

Post a Comment