Thursday, September 29, 2011

RAIN: Check! SOAKED: Check!

I was hoping it would rain during the day so I could go out and play (in the rain)… yeah, I still do that! But it didn’t… oh well, a girl doesn’t always get what she wants (just like I haven’t gotten Bow Wow yet, lol). Then just as I had forgotten all about the rain and gone on that little trip to the bus stop, it starts to pour like it would never pour again!

Standing under some cover with my friend, I said to myself “Sometimes a girl gets more than what she bargained for”… I didn’t wanna play in the rain no more, but nature was gonna force me to do just that…

20 minutes later, the rain didn’t let up, my friend’s shirt was clinging to his body like second skin and I was getting goose flesh! Desperate times call for desperate measures… time to stop hiding under the canopy and get in the rain, if we had intentions of getting home tonight! Holding hands, we run into the rain and the flooded streets (in my mind, I was thinking “this is going to be fun!”)…

*fast forward the part where I finally get a means of transport to Iya Faith’s cozy apartment and my friend finds his way home too*

Another 20 minutes later… I’m standing in front of the mirror in my room, shaking my head at myself; ‘wet’ isn’t the word, ‘soaked’ is! I looked like a drenched rat, oh gawd my hair!!! First stop tomorrow? Salon! Was my friend home? Yup he was too, thank God!

So I go from wanting to get wet to getting soaked… how does that happen?! Well, it does; be careful what you wish for! Anyways here I am, getting comfy on the couch, hair still wet, feet still cold, a gazillion thoughts going through my head, hot coffee right beside me, and Claude Kelly’s Love You To Death blasting in my ears… *singing… i wish that i could forgive and forget, but you told so many lies, i got nothing left; a dog is a dog, can’t teach him no tricks, you are who you are, and that’s all what there is; i wanna believe you can change like you promise me, but i got keep on holding my breath, coz I’m watching you break my heart, and it’s killing me, so i refuse to stay and love you to death…*

My quick 2 cents: Never, ever love anyone to death! Never! Cos it’ll so break your friggin’ heart when you realise they never will really change; like the song says ‘a dog is a dog’… {just like if you’re expecting this rain to stop soon… *yimu*} I’mma just put the song on here ‘case you wanna listen:

Claude Kelly - Love You To Death

Powered by mp3skull.com

LESSON LEARNT: When your Momma says 'take a scarf'?, take a scarf!!!

*now hugging the mug of coffee tight and searching through my library of movies*

2 comments:

  1. HMMMMMM NEVER LOVE ANYONE TO DEATH HMMMMMM LOVE IS THE MOST POWERFUL THING ON EARTH WHAT I THINK U SHOULD SAY IS LOVE THE RIGHT PERSON TO DEATH BUT U'LL TO HAVE FIND THAT PERSON SHA O! AND ONE SHOULDN'T BE FOOLISH IN LOVE 'COS IF U ARE THEN U R LIVING IN A JONZING WORLD.MAY GOD GIVE US OUR MR/MRS RIGHT. OK NUFF SED END!

    ReplyDelete