Friday, September 2, 2011

NollyWood!!!

So I’ve been outta touch for some days… been glued to my screen in the attempt to watch all the 100+ movies on my laptop… hard job o, very hard! Matter of fact my eyes are screaming in pain now, you’ll hear the scream if you listen hard!

I saw new movies and old ones too; Coming To America brought back memories, so did Love and Basketball… anyways today, I sha do more than myself! How? I decided to watch a Nollywood movie… *smh* it wasn’t my brightest idea of the day, I know!

So the movie was interesting, learnt a great lesson – Be Obsessed! Yes! Nollywood thought me that… the girl in the movie was obsessed with this really cute married dude, was ready to give him all he wanted, but dude was faithful to the wife (abegi! we all know that’s … err… never mind!); so girl tries to blackmail dude, dude still won’t really budge; to cut the very boring long story short, girl kills dude’s wife and she gets guy!!! Imagine! The obsessed girl wins! Do you get the point now? Yeah? Be obsessed! Be totally obsessed!

The most sickening Nollywood offence is their yeye Yoruba subtitling… I know, I know! Wetin I go watch Yoruba film for abi? Well, we gotta give some of them credit, some are actually really good like Madam Dearest, Thunderbolt etc… (the etc is not very plenty sha; it’s more like ‘and so on’, it doesn’t extend to the ‘and so forth’ part).

So I got two pictures, examples of their very erroneous subtitling below:





No comments:

Post a Comment