Sunday, March 23, 2014

RED, BLACK, PURPLE!

Hey guys...

This post should have come since last week but I'll just let a picture tell you why it didn't come...


Yup! I was on admission :'(

I'm better now, so moving on...

I didn't make it to Tolu's wedding (Tolu was one of the single sisters in church), but I did make my dress before the whole 5 drips and 17 injections thingy happened...

Did I say dress and purse? Yea, dress and purse... and boy was it some work!

Ok, let's start with the purse...


I broke 8 needles making this one! *phew* My oga was jus' looking at me with one kain eye, like "babe, u go buy pack of needles, u never know". ROTFL... The trimming was just so stubborn!

Anyways, it came out like this at the end...



Ehen... then the dress...

For the dress, I wanted something new (not taken out of a magazine)... I did steal some things (the sleeves, for example, from a picture Ejiro sent me one time). After all the sketching and re-sketching, Taiwo and I came up with this:


What was left was making the dress itself... (strength Lord, strength!) After what seemed like forever, I finished the dress and decided to add remnant beads from a wrap-around bracelet I made some weeks back.



Everyone that saw it when I was still making the dress (and purse) thought I was crazy adding red to the whole affair! Red beads and trimmings... But then, I finished it and ... *drum roll*



Ok,  I don't know why the picture came out like that... buh... y'all get the whole idea! All my fave colours in one dress and purse! 

I decided to add a fabric and button flower to the purse, and also show y'all the bracelet:



So that's it... I gotta run... Battery low! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment