Tuesday, March 25, 2014

MEET CLIENT "HIGH DEMANDS"

Where my fellow designers at?! Ejiro? Laoye? Come and hear o...

Once upon a time, at about 3:50 p.m. today, a client waltzes into my boss' workplace. "Ha, why is this place dirty like this, why are there clothes all over the place?!" I look at Taiwo... "shey this woman think say na soap we dey sell for here, she no know say na clothes we dey sew?" Taiwo gets my message somehow, telepathically, cos I dared say all that only in my mind!

Anyways, then she says she wants to sew 2 Ibo blouses with skirts for N3,000... (Ok, this woman must be tripping!) We told her that the hard stay used for the Ibo blouse cost no be small, and you will not believe what this woman did next. She took the sample stay we showed her and held it up to the light, like that my Suya guy will hold a N500 note up to his lantern to verify its authenticity!

"This paper?" "Or is it not this paper that you are talking about? What is special about it?" "Ok, how many yards are you buying?" We tell her we will manage 2 yards for her... "Ok, and I will take the remaining abi?" "Ah ahn Mommy, it will not remain now, only pieces!" *sighs*

Then she holds a sample Ibo blouse and examines it.... "So this is what they call 'padded'" "Yes Ma" "And it is this paper that is inside?" "Yes Ma" "Hmmmm... Olugbala"

*halts* Na Olugbala wan wear padded? Abi why drag Him into this?! ROTFL... Taiwo, at this point, wanted to just burst out with laughter!

"You these tailors sef, your charges are too high. Me too I know how to sew now, I amended the skirt of one of my suits and it's very firm, only that it didn't look so good on the outside, let me show you"... Then she brings Exhibit Skirt out, and alas! na hand-needle and thread she take hold am firm! I'm like OMG!

We amended the thing for her... then she asks for it to be ironed! Boss was like, "Mommy the dry cleaners can do that better". (Good boss, I whisper, good boss).

When it was almost time for her to leave, she picks up my "I love Jerusalem" pen (who did I even borrow that pen from sef? come and collect o)... and she starts singing and dancing... "emi naa fe lo Jerusalem o..."

RME, like in a major way!

Na that one I see today o, thought I'd share and make someone laugh tonight!

Love y'all... Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment