Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Certain 'Lalacious'

“Lalacious, would you hold my purse for me please?” I heard the lady standing too close for comfort to me say to her kid. “Hmmm… Lalacious, see your nose!” That was when I looked at the kid, and alas, the kid with mucous running down his nose was a boy! Who ever nicknames a boy “Lalacious”! Seriously, that kid is gonna be too in touch with his feminine side (in a very bad way). And who blames a kid for his own runny nose, poor thing couldn’t be more than 3! A responsibility as huge as knowing to take care of his own nose is too… huge for a boy of 3.

Anyways this lady kept making calls, too many calls if you asked me. And all the conversations were decorated with “Yes Sir”, “Oh! I shouldn’t worry? You got my back?” “Oh thank you so much Sir” “Yes, I need like 300 grand now” in what I’d say was a trying-to-sound-sexy voice. You’d ask what my business was with this lady? How couldn’t she be my business when (1) she was standing so close to me that she could easily breathe on, kiss or bite my neck if she wanted (depending on her preference), (2) the damn queue moved too slowly cos only one ATM was functioning cash-dispensing-wise! *sighs*

1 hour later, and it finally came to my turn… hallelujah, right? Well, not quite. Let’s just say the only thing I got out of that 1-hour stand was aching legs and back, oh and sunburn! Now I’m just laying up in bed, legs elevated, Yanni’s ‘The Mermaid’ streaming through into my ears.

Have a terrific Saturday, y’all… and in case you find yourself on a long ATM queue today? May my spirit be with you! xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment