Friday, March 30, 2012

UPDATE!!!

How have you all been enjoying this thing going on with PHCN and the whole nation? I know a lot of us have cursed and cussed, and plenty are tired of cussing already. I’m not tired tho! Stored and refrigerated foods are spoiling, no water, rashes on skin, the heat is making people fall ill… tell me why I should get tired of cussing again? Please!

Anyways, been long I been up in here, some of you’ve been wondering what and where I’ve been hiding. Well, main hoo na! :D

In the next few paragraphs, lemme me kindly indulge you in what have been up to lately. First, I got to defend my final project! Yay! I’m happy for me! Then I got my ass back to Lagos and I’ve been bored ever since!

On a particular boring afternoon, I decided to go say hello to my neighbour (although the real reason for going there was to charge my phone). There I met a guy, tall, fair in complexion, good-looking and e’erythang! I said ‘hello’ but he didn’t respond… I was like yeah, whatever. I settled down to a movie, and my neighbour came. We got gisting and all and he was talking about the dude that didn’t answer when I said hello, how he was a genius, came out with a First Class in Computer Science… I was like dude, how can you talk about the guy like he isn’t here, and to make matters worse he didn’t even pay us any attention. Pride, you would say, right? Well, that’s what I said too until my neighbour told me the guy couldn’t hear a thing! What do you mean he can’t hear a thing?! Turns out the guy is deaf! Awww… e yah! I felt sorry for him; but hey, a lotta people are born deaf, right?! Exactly! I was really sorry for him cos he wasn’t born deaf, he became deaf after his NYSC programme in a Northern state. According to what I was told, the northern wind was so bad it destroyed his hearing ability! That totally brought tears to my eyes! Only in Nigeria will you go to serve your motherland and you come back with a hazard totally ignored and uncared for by the government! No compensation, no pay for damages, nothing! I really really felt sorry for the guy. Now all he depends on is lip-reading and texting. Poor him!

Let’s move away from the sad story… another boring afternoon, I was at my friend’s dry-cleaning place and these two guys walk in.

First Guy: Oyinbo, how are you?

Me: *raises eyebrow* nodded that I was fine

Second Guy: Hey do you stay around here, cos I’ve never seen you before.

Me: Well, I’ve never seen you before too.

Second Guy: What are you studying? (pointing to my laptop)

Me: What?

Second Guy: What are you studying in school?

Me: Oh, nothing for now I just graduated.

Second Guy: Oh, you mean school is not in session?

Me: I mean I just graduated

Second Guy: From school?

Me: *whispering* No, from church!

And that’s all folks! I’m back to my bored state, maybe I’ll go to my friend’s again and see if there are more guys who wants to know if it’s school I graduated from or somewhere else!

Oh btw, TGIF! The Beat Bar Crawl is going down tonight... Y'all going should... enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment