Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Let Him Toast You...


This blog is inspired by a conversation I had with someone some days ago, and it (obviously) is directed to the ladies (well… and the bottom QUEEN dudes).


There was first, an interesting conversation between me and this babe months ago – how she met her boyfriend… she was all pink going back in time telling me how they met, how he took her breath away when she first saw him, blab la blab la..! It was all so sweet BUT I wasn’t satisfied! I also wanted to know how the guy asked her to be his girl… You dudes know yourselves na, some of you have some very tacky, cheesy pick-up lines, while others are sincere about the whole ish.

Let me divert a lil to some of the mawkish ask-out lines I’ve heard:
-          “I really like you… You’re the kind of girl I want to take home to my mother” Hello! When a guy tells you that the first time he meets you or on the first date, be careful, there’s insincerity written all over that!
-          “I want you to be my missing rib” Mister, do I look like Eve to you?
-          “I was wondering; would you like to be my queen?” Err… of which kingdom?
-          “You’re just so beautiful; would you like to have my kids?” Would you ask me that if I had a huge nose and a much huger lower lip?
-          “There’s a show tonight, I told my friends I’d bring my girlfriend, I’d like you to come with me (But I’m not your girlfriend) Well, I’m asking you now… will you be my girlfriend?” You say yes, and he dumps your ass after ‘tonight’

Anyways back to the kini at hand jare… “so, tell me exactly how he asked you to be his girlfriend, what were his words?” – blank – ummm… he didn’t. “He didn’t? I don’t understand” *clears throat* well, you know some relationships start without you knowing how it even started in the first place. We just started talking really, we were friends and then one thing led to the other and we’re now more than friends. No one really asked the other any question. “oh I see, I get what you’re trying to say…” *beaming up smiling so brightly again* you understand, right? “Oh yeah I do, I understand too well…”

Fast forward a few months… same girl

*sobbing* I just don’t know what to do anymore; I didn’t sign up for this “babe, calm down, what exactly happened. Well everything is happening all at once, he doesn’t talk to me anymore, he gets annoyed and calls me names at every opportunity… and today he said the most outrageous thing I have ever heard! “What’d he say?” *with tears in eyes* He said he’s tired, that he doesn’t even know how I pressured him into the relationship, that after all, he didn’t even ask me out, that I pushed myself into his life; and now he wants out… out of the thraldom I supposedly put him in. sighs… then give him out! He wants out? Give him out! *eyes widen* what! Babe, you didn’t just say that, did you?! Of course I did. Remember I was very quiet months ago after you narrated the story of how he did NOT ask you out? I was hoping this would not happen, but it has. So I’ll tell you what I didn’t tell you the last time… you offered yourself to him on a platter of gold, like ‘here take me, I’m all yours, free of charge, do with me whatever you want’. And he took you the way you offered yourself, FOC! You guys went from a-couple-weeks friendship to a relationship, and you didn’t even make it official! You think marriage is the only thing that needs to be made official? But it was clear he liked me! I didn’t think there was any need making a demand that he ask me out properly…” That is the point! If he really liked you, he would tell you all the things he likes about you, and would ask you like a gentleman should to be his girlfriend, bracing himself for whatever response you might give him and not give up so easily if you’d said no, making it clear to you that he cannot do without you. But this dude didn’t ask you out, not even in a cheesy way, he didn’t ask you at all! He took advantage of the fact that you liked him, and now that he’s done screwing (with) you, he’s blaming you for the failure of a relationship that didn’t even officially commence in the first place. So you’re going to do what he wants now, let him go! What if he never comes back, I love him! If he never comes back, then it means he doesn’t deserve you, and you my friend do not deserve low quality either. Trust me on this one, take back yourself, take back your platter of gold too… if he needs you, I’m sure he knows where and how to find you. Now, since nobody died… or did somebody die that I don’t know about? *shakes head* No. Good! Wipe ‘em tears and let’s go grab you some comfort food…




Is anyone getting the picture yet? Ladies? It’s simple, really… if he wants you, let him ask you. Don’t play the Assumption Game with him, cos someday he will assume himself out of the relationship, and try to paint you like you’re the desperate psycho bitch that wanted the relationship so bad. Don’t sell yourself cheap. Now I’m not saying let him beg and grovel, don’t send him away… but let him ASK. I won’t say it twice o... let him ASK! (oh, I’ve said it twice already! SMH) *whispering* LET HIM ASK!

4 comments:

  1. Nice write up, but i must make this point. That a guy asked u out in d most gentlemanly of manners does not glue him to you so he doesn't stroll when he wants to. Then, that a guy did not ask u out at all, but a relationship developed with time does not ipso facto mean that its destined for doom. So basically, the manner of asking out matters little. That a guy proposes for marriage in d most romantic manner will not stand in d way of a divorce. Ask americans, they'll elaborate.

    Anyways, how, if i may ask will be a cute way to ask a girl out and its acceptable? Cos u just gave F mark to those ones u mentioned witout making any suggestions... Just saying though, its not like i lack pick up lines *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, i agree with you... asking the girl out does not glue him to her... BUT what's wrong with asking for what you want?! aint none wrong with that... maybe if i write a piece on how this affects you guys, you'll see all this from a different angle... meanwhile, i think you totally lack pick-up lines... what, you dont? two words: PROVE IT!

      Delete
  2. nice and funny blog....BUT...why must u spoil our market! u no no say indirect toasting a.k.a toastin by conduct, remains the safest and perhaps the ONLY means through which shy guys ever get a chick. I am still a strong advocate of indirect toasting as long as one`s intentions are pure. stop am o! boyz are not smilin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indirect toasting is ok, as long as you ASK... do u want to catch ur gf cheating and the next thing she says to you is "well, i'm sorry.. i didnt think we were exclusive, you NEVER asked me to be your gf! so i assumed what we had was open..."???

      Delete